The aftermath of any auto accident can be complicated, but even more so when that auto accident involves Uber or Lyft, and you as the passenger.
Most people hop into an Uber or Lyft without hesitation, enjoying the convenience offered by these rideshare companies and anticipating a quick arrival to their destination; few are prepared to experience an accident before making it there.
Whether you’ve already been in an accident as an Uber or Lyft passenger in Florida, or you simply use these companies often, this article will help you understand what to expect after an accident, and why hiring an attorney is almost always the best idea.
Let’s explore the top five reasons to hire a Florida Uber & Lyft accident attorney:
- To Find Order In Chaos. Are you injured? Who caused the accident? Do you need to call your own insurance company? Do you need to file a claim, and if so, how? These are just a few of the most common questions people have in the hours and days following an accident, and trying to find the answers can be dizzying. In fact, some people aren’t even sure which questions to ask.
An experienced Uber & Lyft accident attorney can answer all of these questions and more. While they might not be able to predict the exact outcome of your personal injury claim, they can certainly paint a clear picture of what you can likely expect given the details of your particular situation—and that alone can do wonders in easing an anxious mind.
- To Get An Expert Assessment Of Your Situation. Without the knowledge and experience of an attorney who handles Uber and Lyft-related accidents for a living, you might not realize that pursuing a claim could end up costing you more time and money than it’s worth. Knowing this ahead of time is invaluable, and this is what an honest, straightforward attorney will give you: a realistic picture of what you’re up against.
If your attorney believes you have a claim worth pursuing, they will also be able to estimate the amount of compensation you’re owed.
- For Help Navigating The Insurance Process. Dealing with insurance policies, claims, and adjusters is usually the last thing on your mind—especially if you’re already dealing with an injury and the stress of the unknown. An attorney can help you determine which insurance company to file a claim with, and whether you actually need to file multiple claims with different policies.
In the event that the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, your attorney may be able to uncover sources of compensation that you never even considered. For example, if you live with a family member in Florida who has uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, then that policy may be able to cover some of your damages.
Lastly but perhaps most importantly, an experienced attorney can talk to the insurance adjusters on your behalf, showing them from the get-go that they won’t be able to play their usual games—the ones where they try to minimize every claim that comes across their desk and pay out as little as possible.
A seasoned Uber & Lyft accident attorney in Florida will have dealt with countless cases similar to yours, which means they will not only have a reputation as a strong attorney who knows how to protect the rights of their clients, but will be able to anticipate and thwart the unfair tactics used by insurance adjusters.
- To Maximize Your Compensation. Certain mistakes during the process of filing a personal injury claim can be extremely costly, and could actually leave you with nothing. An attorney can ensure that you check every box necessary to build a strong case for why you’re entitled to the maximum amount of compensation.
Whether it’s by obtaining a fair estimate of future medical costs associated with your injury, showing that more than one party was at fault for the accident, or ensuring that you get a fair quote for property damage, an attorney can make sure that you cover all of your bases and avoid the mistakes that could leave you walking away with less money than you deserve.
- For Representation In Court. Many Uber and Lyft accident settlements can be handled outside of court, but there is always a chance that the at-fault insurance company simply won’t offer you a fair settlement. And in the eyes of a quality attorney, anything less than fair isn’t good enough.
Without an attorney by your side, you may be tempted to accept a lowball offer, whether because you don’t realize you’re being cheated, or because of the understandable fear of trial. Don’t let that happen—hire an attorney instead.
Fenstersheib Law Group, P.A.—Top-Notch Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Florida
Don’t procrastinate: the sooner you contact the attorneys at Fenstersheib Law Group, P.A., the sooner you’ll be checking off numbers one through five above, and putting the accident behind you.
We’re ready and eager to hear from you.
Our main office is located in Hallandale Beach, Florida, and we have secondary Florida offices located in Hollywood, Miramar, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Sarasota, Tampa, & Jacksonville.
Call Fenstersheib Law Group, P.A. at 800-TELL-ROBERT